Weddings Engagements Post-Wedding Lifestyle Personal Photographers Workshops/Conferences Featured Articles
Our Website Erin's Facebook Shane's Facebook Our Lab Twitter Boda Bags ShootQ - Studio Management Grace Ormonde Platinum List
See who's looking

Translations



Welcome! Here's where we post most everything... from weddings and engagement sessions, to our personal vacations and thoughts. This blog is a great way to follow us and keep in touch. Our hope is that you are encouraged and inspired, along with giving you ideas.

402.440.4937 or 308.234.4556 ~ info@melenbackerphotography.com


Saturday, December 29, 2007

6 Years Today...

Today marks our 6 year anniversary. I feel so blessed to have spent my last six years married to Shane. When I first met Shane, he was a Recon marine and I was just graduating high school. I worked at a local Christian bookstore and Shane had just come back from a 6 month tour with the military. Of course I had to help get him up-to-date with the new music that had come out since he left. I said I would leave a brochure at the check-out counter for him the next day and instead, he waited and showed up the next time I was working. The rest is history.

Our first date was a bike ride along the beach at sunset. At the time I didn't know it was a date, but looking back on it, Shane masterfully planned that one out. I stayed in North Carolina to go to school for a little while and Shane got out of the military and moved to Colorado. After a long-distance relationship, we decided we wanted to finish college together and we found a university between our families in Kearney, NE. One year later we were married. For any of you who has met Shane, you could probably already guess how much spunk and spark he's added to my life. I love you hun!

ps: digital photography was so new at this time, hardly anyone used it. We had our wedding pictures scanned in.

5 comments:

Shane Melenbacker said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the last six years of my life or a better person to spend the rest of my life with.

Alex Rodriguez said...

Cool, love it. Its a great accomplishment, all the best. I prey that you guys may have a lifetime of happiness. Marriage is one of the most rewarding gifts one can share. Have a happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys. You can definately tell you two are in love just being around each other. All the best.

Holly Puetz

Brittany Leigh said...

awww, how awesome!! congrats you guys! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and new years!! hope all is well!!

Fei said...

aww.. you guys are absolutely adorable together. It's neat to see some wedding photos of the two of you!