Weddings Engagements Post-Wedding Lifestyle Personal Photographers Workshops/Conferences Featured Articles
Our Website Erin's Facebook Shane's Facebook Our Lab Twitter Boda Bags ShootQ - Studio Management Grace Ormonde Platinum List
See who's looking

Translations



Welcome! Here's where we post most everything... from weddings and engagement sessions, to our personal vacations and thoughts. This blog is a great way to follow us and keep in touch. Our hope is that you are encouraged and inspired, along with giving you ideas.

402.440.4937 or 308.234.4556 ~ info@melenbackerphotography.com


Thursday, October 16, 2008

1900-1940's Inspired Wedding: Douglas & Laura



One of the first times I talked to Laura, she described herself as someone who loved "old things." This was evident from the moment we began working together on the day of her and Douglas' wedding.

Laura and Douglas designed their wedding after the early 1900's mainly 1900-1940's. Her dress, she made herself and fashioned it after a 1907? design. (Now, I'll admit that I am not the best with dates, so I'm giving you the approximate date verses the exact as Laura, Douglas and their families would know)





The church was built in the late 1800's after the All Saints Church in Wiltshire, England.







When they left the ceremony and later the reception site, they left in a 1940's Packard.





The reception was a High Tea with tea sandwiches and a variety of pastries.



I LOVED the attire they left in!









12 comments:

Alex Rodriguez said...

Love the B&W shot of them walking out!

Peter Bang said...

what a cool idea! yeah, i love that b&w shot and the outfit they're wearing!

Noah Hayes said...

I love it when people do something different! Did they make you shoot film with chemical powder based flash? LOL. Awesome shots

Erin Harvey said...

You guys did such a great job capturing the style perfectly! I definitely love that b/w one.)

Laura said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! I love the photographs and can't wait to see the rest of them. You and Erin were a great team and so helpful and pleasant we even got comments from the guests to the same effect. Thanks again...!

Keturah said...

What a fantastic job, Shane and Erin. What Laura says is very true; I was a guest at Laura's wedding and really enjoyed watching you work. You both did a superb job. My dad 's already said you're doing my wedding.

Keturah said...

BTW, my sister was tinkering with ehr camera and caught a shot of you both taking photos at the wedding - kind of a fluke deal. If you'd like it, let me know.

Erin Melenbacker said...

haha..no we didn't use a chemical based flash, but that would have been fun :)

The wedding really was beautiful and Laura, you and Douglas are such a wonderful couple!

Thank you Keturah for your compliments, Shane and I would love to work with you in the future :) As for your sister's photo, we'd love to see it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my site, Shane! My husband and I would love to have coffee or to play some games or something with you and Erin sometime!

Armin DeFiesta said...

What a cool theme, and nice ride!

hi said...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

My favorite eras and fashions all captured perfectly.

Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Dinomite lens and camera combo!